Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kyle MacDonald and Beating The System

When it comes to achieving early retirement, one has to; go against the grain, beat the system, observe what everyone else is doing and do something different. You have to accomplish something that many people believe to be impossible. Kyle MacDonald has nothing to do with early retirement but I think he can be an inspiration to any young person who wants to become financially independent at a young age.

Kyle accomplished a feat that conventional wisdom would have said was impossible. I must admit that had you asked me a few years ago, I would have thought it was impossible.

In only 14 trades Kyle MacDonald traded a red paperclip into a 3 bedroom house in Kipling, Saskatchewan. Kyle used a new technology...the Internet to find his trading partners. I call it new because I think society is still learning the limits of this new way to communicate.

Not only did Kyle help himself but more importantly he is an inspiration to others. Kyle's feat is proof that someone can beat the system.

I saw a TV program today and the latest news is that Kyle has sold the rights to his story to a major movie studio. At the official ceremony in Kipling, Saskatchewan - Kyle molded the paper clip into a ring and asked his girl friend to marry him. That brought tears to the eyes of many present.

What a story, I look forward to seeing the movie.

Congrats to Kyle!

Kyle's website link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I meant.... You'd have to bе silly to
think otheгwisе.

Viѕit my ωеbpage: bad credit personal loans