Sunday, February 8, 2009

TSX Capped Financials Index...the Canadian Canary in the Coal Mine?


The TSX Capped Financials Index, the one that includes all the Canadian banks like Royal Bank etc. has recently broken below it's November low. It has only done so "by a hair" but that is significant from a technical point of view. It all goes back to Elliott and the limit of the second wave. In addition the wave pattern is consistent with just a pause in a continued downtrend.


I know a lot of people have their hopes up for an end to the bear at the November lows, or at least a large temporary bear rally at this time. However, if anything, I continue to see more and more data predicting a near term collapse of markets to lower levels.


By near term I mean it could happen this week or a few months from now. This sideways pattern could continue to stall out the markets for some time to come. The timing of these things is always the biggest part of the mystery.


Wish I had better news.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Τhat's what I was meaning.... You'd haѵе tο be ignorant to thіnk any different.


Here іs my sіte unsecured Personal Loans