Friday, September 28, 2007

2007 Expenses Jan-Aug

I updated my monthly cash flow spreadsheet the other day by adding in the last few months and thought I should share the information. Here are a few 8 month totals for two retired adults living on Vancouver Island.

Groceries $4,632
Restaurants $2,061
Entertainment $1,681

So far the actual totals generally agree with my estimated total for 2007. I estimated a total of about $38,000 for the year. This total includes a $2,000 - $3,000 savings toward the cash purchase of our next replacement car. Boating costs, a special retirement entertainment expense, is not included in this total. That has been running at about $3,000 per year. We own our home so there is only maintenance and property tax included in the $38,000 total.

A few times each year I compare our actual cash flow to my forecast. I find that having this cash flow information eliminates any money concerns both before and after retirment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could dο with some more ωrіting on this - any гесommends regarding anything tο read or
what websites I might gο to??

Hеre іs my web site ... personal loans bad credit