Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chart Game

While surfing the net I came across a site called "Chart Game". As I understand it, the purpose of the site is to allow people...to test their ability to predict stock price direction using just the information contained in the price chart. The charts are good quality and include both price and volume. The game allows one to play with "play money".

A significant limitation to the charts is that they only go back 24 months. For my type of analysis I need to see the entire available history for the chart because what may happened in the future is governed in large measure by what has occurred for the last 10 years or more. Limiting the data to only 2 years of history... in my opinion is not a valid test.

One needs to recognize that not all stock charts are useful for "good predictions". Indexes are always good but many stock charts are terrible candidates. In addition, there are periods of time when no one can make good long-term prediction.

I like the basic premise of the game and hope the site developer will take the idea further. I firmly believe that any one who thinks they can forecast anything be able to demonstrate that ability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Off for a scan on my fіnger soοn, сan ardly type with this break.
Has anyone eveг tried рressing the
keys ρгoрeгly wіth а bгoκen fingeг!

?.

Also visit mу ωeb раge :: bad credit personal loans